Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Do some serious scholarship for G-d's (huh?) sake!

Hey everyone!
I finally got to meet my roommate, Shira found an apartment off campus, so the room is now occupied by me and Jennifer...sweet ( She is okay by the way, thank G-d)
Classes are fine, my professors are great, the head of my economics department is my teacher so that makes my life MUCH easier.

Art of Islam mentioned an article comparing Islamic and " western" architecture, I wanted to comment but the Art of Islam doesn't allow anon comments ( I am on beta blogger and not blogger, please Tarek enable non bloggers to comment so I can rant a bit!)
Anyway...here is what I wanted to say:

Grrr, what bothered me most in the article is the way he makes religion THE factor that shapes architecture in both worlds.

He also mentions that the Xianity he treats is the Latin world Xianity, the European one ( or is it?), that itself shows that religion is influenced by geography, social structures (don't know the academic world for social factors)...etc and it doesn't have much to do with religion.

I was debating with my economics teacher (Dr Important) and he told me "Well, when you get your PH.D come and talk to me about this again", so please remember, these are simple undergrad rants :)

Okay, that is all for today and I guess many days to come (too much reading+job interviews+new club meeting+new student welcome dinner+ new member welcome meeting...new=busy I guess)

All the best,

PS: Don't forget wikipedia? Does Soussa has a page? theater el Jam? anyone? Hello?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Niiicceee, Gosh I miss the ambiance of college so much! Enjoy it while it lasts.
What kinda of jobs are you looking for in NYC? maybe I can help!
Hasta

missblogger said...

Hey! Thank G-d I got a spot on campus, but I'd like to get back to you for a summer internship (actuarial sciences major)!
Funny that u miss college, I can't wait to get out of here...lol...lol

Emina said...

Ramadan Kareem dear missblogger :)

Emina said...

ici la terre on appelle le 10th floor... allo allo...