Tuesday, November 21, 2006

HOME

Hey dear readers (scary echo of my lone voice)
So what is happening in my life? I registered for my classes next semester, my schedule is fine, the way I pictured it, I have two days off school (w/sat sun of course)so that makes enough time to go and do some work on the side namely baby sitting (how exciting), no seriousely, it is really really convinient, good $ and good hours.
What else? Thanksgiving (google it damn it!) is Thursday, everyone is going back "home", everyone is packing, in the dorm hall all I hear is "Gosh! I miss home !" "gosh! I can't wait to go home"
I miss home too, sadly the ticket to get some home is out of my reach right now, add that I am committed to work the whole vacation period... you are probably thinking of the house where I lived, but that is nothing like home, walls and furnitures don't make homes, they make shelters, houses, but home...
The home I miss is when my sisters and my father are finally gathered together, whether it is in Europe, Africa or America, just being together is home enough.
The home I miss is when I am staying at my uncle's house with my two cousins and aunt, that is home.
The home I miss is when my nephiew showers me with kisses and hugs, Home I miss is when my niece cries because she just needs me to hold her up.
Home shouldn't be a noun, home is a state of being, it should be used as an adjective.
I hope that soon (when prince charming and I meet) I can build my own home , until that happens, I miss home, sooo much!

2 comments:

Emina said...

...

Anonymous said...

that's exactly what I thought too ^_^ (see I am in a better mood now)