Monday, August 28, 2006

Meet a very stressed, extremely harassed Missblogger

Thursday, inchallah, I will be moving to my dorm room, I am already a stranger in this country (technically), and I have been in this city for almost 2 years already, and here I am, moving again, to a new city (actually the big apple itself!), how anxious should I feel?

So here are some random thoughts about what is going on in my life these days:

Right now, I should be doing laundry instead of blogging.

When packing my clothes I realised I don't have a single dressy item, I mean, NOT A SINGLE dressy item! Very sober and simple T-shirts, and skirts (yeah I love skirts now), 3 pairs of THE SAME sneakers (black classec reebok if it matters), and a couple of slippers! Tribute goes to my roommates who let me borrows their -ouch so painful- high heels shoes and dressy sets.

I realise that after living in the same place for more than 3 months, I have never met my next door neighbour.

Yesterday, I have been to Mr.Philipp's funeral, Mr Philipp invited me to dinner with his wife and children a month ago when he learned that I am away from my family, we met at my workplace, may G-d grant him peace.

I am reading "Islamic Humanism" by Lenn.E Goodman, which doesn't have anything to do with my studies, and that will probably upset my father.

I really need to go get that laundry done, it shouldn't wait longer...grrr

Good day to all!

4 comments:

samsoum said...

Good luck with your move.
I did not read that book but I heard from my wife that one of her friends read it and was saying good stuff about it.

SNAWSI said...

Since you've no dressy item, I guess you'rea sporty girl; don't worry, it's not a crime yet ;)

missblogger said...

samsou:Thank you
snaw: I hope it is not :P

Anonymous said...

Hey Hey, another tunisian blogger in the big apple. Allow me to introduce you in the name of the few Tunisians here to this great city :-)